I certainly didn't. So I invited Hussain and Ali from Ashford Property Consultants onto the show to give me a commercial property primer.
They explain how commercial property is similar to the residential market, as well as some important differences – and in what circumstances it might make be an attractive investment.
In this interview, you'll learn:
- Why you might want to invest in commercial property rather than residential
- The three main types of commercial property – offices, retail and industrial – and the pros and cons of each
- Why commercial property is so attractive to international investors
- What causes the length of commercial property leases to vary
- The residential investor's dream of inflation-linked rent, delapidations and “fully repairing and insuring” leases…but there are downsides too
- How much money you need to get started in commercial property (and how to finance it)
- How commercial property is valued
- A way of getting exposure to the commercial sector without having to buy a property directly
- Hussain and Ali's website, Ashford Property Consultants
- Contact Hussain by email
- Contact Ali by email