Well, that notion might seem less ridiculous than it first appears when you've finished listening to this week's podcast. My guest is Dan Knowles, a Chartered Surveyor who specialises in the field of Compulsory Purchase.
Dan's company helps people whose homes are the subject of a Compulsory Purchase Order, advising them on their rights and helping them to get the best deal. And at the same time, this has given him an insight into a very niche property strategy…
Listen to this week’s show and learn:
- The common misconceptions around “compulsory purchase”
- The different types of compensation that property owners are entitled to
- The profits that can be made by buying properties that are earmarked for demolition
- How to find this type of opportunity
- The (not inconsiderable) risks involved in this strategy
It is risky and it won't be for everyone, but I found it fascinating that there's a whole investment strategy I'd never heard of before – and who knows, it might be something you want to look into further.
If you want to follow up with Dan about anything on this week's show, you can contact him via his company website.