Mark Morris secures excellent yields from accommodating Housing Benefit tenants, has properties where the council pays a guaranteed stress-free rent even if they're empty…and has even scored free improvements worth thousands of pounds.
In our conversation, Mark shares how he makes it all work – and ends up with a high-yielding portfolio which he can manage around his full-time job. It won't fit in with everyone's strategy, but it might make you think again about things you'd taken for granted…
Listen to this week’s show and learn:
- How Mark effectively self-manages what others might consider to be a high-effort portfolio
- The reality of “guaranteed rent” leasing schemes
- How to find little-publicised grants and freebies that your local authority makes available
- The method Mark uses to select housing benefit tenants who will be an asset rather than a liability
- The enviable yields that are achievable as a result of Mark's approach