But after speaking to Jay Booth, I'll be a bit more careful before declaring something “impossible” – because that's exactly what he did. I found this conversation inspiring, because Jay had every factor that you'd be tempted to use as an excuse – limited experience, a busy job, a young family – and still achieved more in a year than most people will in a lifetime.
Listen to this week’s show and learn:
- How Jay used the buy-refurb-refinance model – with a little help from his friends – to finance his investments
- The tweak he made to his strategy to find his ideal niche…after hitting so many roadblocks he almost gave up before finding his first property
- The techniques (and technology) Jay used to make the most of his limited time
- The full numbers behind one of his acquisitions, and the surprising auction experience that led to him buying it
- Why Jay decided to use a limited company structure, and how he went about putting it in place
- The real numbers that show why it's not always cheaper to buy in a company