Now though, she's started using an agent for new acquisitions – but she's not losing the unique ability that made her such a self-managing success.
For Sam, property really is all about the people – and she uses her people skills to straddle the worlds of self-managing landlord and hands-off investors.
Listen to this week’s show and learn:
- How Sam started young in property…and survived a scary experience that would put most people off for life
- The approach she's taken that's allowed her to manage an HMO remotely for over a decade
- Why being a “soft touch” has been good for business
- How her understanding approach turned a potential eviction into a long-term, model tenant
- Why she decided to start using an agent for her new acquisitions
- How she makes sure she maintains the personal touch, even when she's more hands-off
- The secret to building a strong working relationship with letting agents