According to devotees of the 18 year property cycle, hundreds of years of history prove that this is absolutely possible: it just involves disregarding almost everything you hear and doing the opposite of what everyone else is doing!
My guest on this episode is Akhil Patel – one of the world’s leading experts on the property cycle – who will help us to understand how to read the cycle, how to act based on it, and where in the cycle we are right now…
Listen to this week’s show and learn:
- What drives the property cycle…and how it’s been so enduring for hundreds of years
- What lies ahead for London
- The dangers of listening to media – and where emotion leads everyone astray
- Where Akhil believes we are in the property cycle right now
- How demand drives the cycle (and how this can inform your investing)
- Where stock market prices and property prices interact
- How you should act when you think the peak of the cycle is coming
Visit Akhil’s website here
Not up to speed with the idea of the 18 year property cycle? Listen to the episode of The Property Podcast that explores it in full.