Well, my guest this week Richard Dyke makes it work – managing his portfolio (including a couple of small multi-lets) from Bergen in Norway. Richard visits several times a year for inspections and maintenance, and has all sorts of little hacks in place to make sure the distance isn't too much of a challenge.
Listen to this week’s show and learn:
- How Richard came to be managing his properties from such a distance
- Why using a letting agent originally wasn't an option for him
- How he finds his tenants
- How he uses his existing tenants as unpaid letting agents!
- The most challenging situation he's faced as a landlord
- The advice Richard would offer to other landlords looking to do it themselves