Now, he and his wife manage their small portfolio of HMOs themselves – and consider their ability to pick the right tenants and build strong relationships to be the biggest strength in their business.
Listen to this week’s show and hear:
- The experience that put Tom off from ever working with a letting agent again…
- …and how he could easily have avoided it
- The clever marketing Tom does to find his tenants
- Why Tom finds it so essential to do his own viewings – and the thoroughly bizarre experience that confirmed it!
- The checklist he uses to make sure things go right, every time
- The advice Tom would give to someone else who's planning to self-manage
Links for this weeks episode:
Tom's blog, Living Space
Tom's website for his properties, Fat Properties
Jeff Bezos' biography, The Everything Store