If that sounds easy, it's because I missed out the builders walking out in the middle a project, the months spent living in a half-finished house with no heating, the routine three hours of sleep and the rats drowning in the toilet.
He's made extraordinarily rapid progress and has huge plans for the future, but Jethro is open about the fact that there were moments along the way that nearly broke him.
This interview is inspirational, but also includes plenty of actionable nuts-and-bolts tips for getting great results with buy-to-sell projects. It's a must-listen for anyone with an interest in flipping properties – just don't expect it to sound easy…
Listen to this week’s show and learn:
- The career crisis that led Jethro towards property
- Why he decided to go BIG from day one!
- The full story of Jethro's first buy-to-sell project
- Why staging can be such a big competitive advantage (and why you shouldn't leave a wheelbarrow in the front garden!)
- The inside info that Jethro gleaned from doing the viewings himself
- Jethro's massive, six-figure profit on a single project…and why he definitely earned it!
- Why his entire building team walked out in the middle of a project – and how he turned it around
- How to build your team, and make sure you always have someone on standby
- How to secure properties at the right price in a hot market
- Why he's now applying his model to deals that have the potential to earn £100k-plus each
- What Jethro has in his 5-year plan (and it's nothing if not ambitious!)
If you'd like to follow up with Jethro, the place to start is his website – Fairstone Property.
And you can check out Jethro's book recommendation, The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People.